Your TO DO list before home photography
- Turn on all lights in the house and replace any burnt out light bulbs. Open all curtains and blinds.
- Vacuum, clean, and mop all ﬂoors.
- De-clutter all workspaces, shelves, tables, ﬂoors etc.
- Remove or tidy all toys.
- Hide remotes, magazines, newspapers etc. from living areas.
- Hide all power cables from view.
- Remove personal photos and items.
- Arrange furniture to make rooms look as open and spacious as possible. Tidy and arrange all pillows, throws, etc. and make all beds.
- Clean all kitchen counters and appliances. Remove magnets, photos, etc. from the fridge. Remove tea towels from view.
- Remove or hide garbage cans, recycling bins etc. Remove dishes etc. from kitchen sink.
- Remove appliances and clutter from kitchen counters.
- Clear bathroom counters and surfaces.
- Close all toilet seats.
- Clean all surfaces.
- Remove any out of place linens etc.
- Remove all cars from the driveway.
- Hide garbage bins, garden hoses and other lawn equipment/gardening tools.
- Mow the lawn. Trim any overgrown shrubs and hedges.
- Tidy garden beds, removing excessive weed growth etc.
- Remove any yard toys or clutter. Tidy and arrange any outdoor furniture etc.
- Uncover and clean pools and hot tubs and hide related equipment and toys.
- Clear and clean all pathways, decks, and patios.
What to expect on the day of the photoshoot
The photographer will shoot your property at the scheduled photo shoot. Please ensure that the house is prepared for photography prior to the arrival of the photographer. Please pay special attention to day to day items that may have been left out (eg. dish towels, remotes etc.). If you have pets please make sure that someone is home to manage them or that they are securely kept in an area separate from the photographer/photoshoot. Most photo shoots will be completed in one hour or less. If you have any speciﬁc photo requests for the photographer please let them know at the beginning of the photo shoot so that they can be sure to include them.
Anna Agasi, Real Estate Sales Representative | 416-939-3662